• Enjoy the best of Amsterdam's food tasting experiences;
• eat from a variety of delicious cuisines;
• listen to the restaurant, bar & deli owners stories, how they realised their culinary dreams;
• discover the hidden gems of Amsterdam's local neighbourhoods;
• learn about the local history, culture & architecture;
• meet new people;
• gather great tips on where to eat for the remainder of your stay;
• we take you off the tourist path to stroll through areas often unknown to many;
• we take you out for a stroll in the open air, get your body moving and your heart gently pumping;
• you'll be pleasantly full until your next meal.
I believe that Food = Life!
With that philosophy in mind I aim to give you a memorable eating and walking tour experience.
A Food Tour is similar to a guided historical city tour, but instead of the focus being on historical monuments or majestic architecture, eating delicious food is the tours central goal.
So if you're hungry/thirsty and either new to the city or you're exploring an unfamiliar part of town, I'm happy to eliminate your struggle of finding the right place to eat or drink.
Your local tour guide will escort you to tried and tested local eateries where a carefully selected tasting awaits you.
I moved to Amsterdam on a whim in the summer of 2000 leaving behind my family and friends in London, England thinking I'd return to the ebb and flow of my east end life. But then I fell in love with the charm of Amsterdam and decided to stay! My other passion is food. I love grocery shopping, cooking, eating and reading cookery books in bed! Delicious food has always made me happy. My childhood memories are predominately food themed! Day trips to the seaside each summer transport me back to my Grandmother’s roast beef sandwiches and homemade cakes. School trips were all about the contents of my packed lunch and what time we were having lunch?
So the gravitational pull towards the food tour industry was inevitable, my first food tour experience in 2012 literally changed my life, it combined all of the elements that I value: community, travel, social history, delicious food & meeting new people, all combined into one memorable eating experience. I'm going to be bold here and declare 'I was born to run a food’.
1. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to the tour meeting point location as the tour will start on time.
2. as a courtesy to the other guests and to stay on our schedule shopping is not allowed during the tour;
3. the tour will take place rain, shine or snow. Please check the weather forecast the day before the tour so you can dress appropriately;
4. the tour does not start and end at the same place. Your tour guide can help you with your return directions;
5. the tour will last approximately 3.5 hours, so expect to walk (at a moderate pace) and stand for the majority of that time. There will be opportunities to sit during the tour;
6. unfortunately the tour is not wheelchair or baby stroller accessible;
7. the tour may not be suitable for some children with a limited attention span or walking capacity. Please bear this in mind when considering bringing babies and children on the tour;
8. if you are bringing a baby or young child, you do not have to purchase a ticket if they are not participating in the eating aspect of the tour;
9. the tour is only offered in English;
10. we highly recommend you take the tour at the start of your visit as this will give you time to revisit some or all of the restaurants during the remainder of your stay;
11. bathrooms will be available in select restaurants during the tour;
12. there is enough food served on the tour for most participants. We would advise you to have a light breakfast the morning of the tour;
13. please tell us when you purchase your ticket(s) if you or someone in your group has any dietary requirements. So long as we know in advance we will try our best to accommodate your needs;
14. wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes. Bring an umbrella if rain or snow is forecasted;
15. food tasting locations are subject to change without notice;
16. please provide at least 24 hours notice if you are unable to join on the designated date stated on your ticket. Refunds and cancellations are not possible; however we will be happy to offer an exchange date for your tour.