This 2-hour experience is a playful way to discover the city;we want to make you experience the joyful feeling of living in the moment, while you hunt the city for answers to our cryptic clues!
This trail to discover Amsterdam’s City Centre is an experience where you solve 12 clues via text message. The trail takes you exploring the city centre and its secrets, and lesser-known places as you search for answers hidden across the Red Light district and Canal Belt area.
Looking for fun and different ways to explore and enjoy Amsterdam, we found there was a gap in the market. So, one night, over a glass of wine, we decided to start developing our own immersive experiences that take you exploring our wonderful city and discovering new places. That night, Cryptic phone-based trail was born!
Our mission is to inspire a playful way of city discovery through cryptic trails. We want to make you experience the joyful feeling of living in the moment, while you hunt the city for answers to our cryptic clues.
Our trails are immersive, cryptic and phone-based. Each trails take you exploring hidden and secret spots all across town.
How Does It Work?
• When booking this experience, please add the phone number you will use to play the trail in the Optional Comment box. You will receive a text message with website link to your trail within 24 hours from completing the payment;
• start in front of Waag Society (Cafe de Waag) between 11:00-14:00 (daily) by opening the website link received via text message upon signing up;
• solve 12 clues and enjoy discovering the city as each correct answer takes you to your next location within walking distance;
• ask for a HINT if you need a little help solving a clue.
In case you’d like to skip a clue without solving it and want to receive the next one, press NEXT; we always advise asking for HINT before skipping a clue
• Your website link can be closed and reopened, and also open on multiple phones at the same time;
Location & Timings
Start: The Amsterdam City Centre trail starts in front of Waag Society – Cafe de Waag – on the Nieuwmarkt. The trail can be played all days of the week, starting between 11:00 – 14:00. Starting any later than 14:00 may result in certain locations, where you have to enter to find your answer, being closed.
End: The trail ends near Torensluis in the Jordaan, this is a 10-15-minute walk from the starting point, Nieuwmarkt.
Distance & duration: The trail is spread across approximately 3 wonderful kilometres and takes between 1,5 to 3 hours to complete. However, there is no time limit on completing this trail, so enjoy your new discoveries and take your time, if you like.
Break: The trail includes a break half way through near a lovely cafe – the recommended time for the break is 30 minutes to make sure you can enter all locations to find your answers in time.
Difficulty level: Medium