This trail across the Jordaan in Amsterdam is an experience where you solve 14 clues via text message. The trail takes you exploring the Jordaan neighbourhood and area around the Haarlemmerstraat as you hunt for answers.
Looking for fun and different ways to explore and enjoy Amsterdam, we found there was a gap in the market. So, one night, over a glass of wine, we decided to start developing our own immersive experiences that take you exploring our wonderful city and discovering new places. That night, Cryptic phone-based trail was born!
Our mission is to inspire a playful way of city discovery through cryptic trails. We want to make you experience the joyful feeling of living in the moment, while you hunt the city for answers to our cryptic clues.
Our trails are immersive, cryptic and phone-based. Each trails take you exploring hidden and secret spots all across town.
How Does It Work?
• when booking this experience, please add the phone number you will use to play the trail in the Optional Comment box. You will receive a text message with a website link to your trail within 24 hours from completing the payment;
• start at Johnny Jordaan plein between 8:00-18:00 on any day of the week, by opening the link from text message sent to your phone
• solve 14 clues and enjoy discovering the Jordaan area as each correct answer takes you to your next location – within walking distance;
• ask for a HINT if you need a little help solving a clue.
In case you’d like to skip a clue without solving it and want to receive the next one, press NEXT; we always advise asking for HINT before skipping a clue
• Your website link can be closed and reopened, and also open on multiple phones at the same time;
Location & Timings
Start: This Jordaan trail starts at Johnny Jordaan plein (Elandsgracht). The trail can be played all days of the week, starting between 8:00-18:00.
End: The trail ends in the Haarlemmerstraat, from where it is a 15-minute walk back to the starting point.
Distance and duration: This trail covers approximately 2,5km and takes between 1,5 to 4 hours to complete. However, there is no time limit on completing this trail, so take your time and enjoy your new discoveries, if you like.
Break: This trail includes a break near some lovely cafes and bars. The recommended time for the break is 30 minutes.
Difficulty level: Easy